Virginia State University
Virginia State University, our longest running contract and a great partnership. Shenandoah Fleet Maintenance and Management provides services at Virginia State University that are an important part of ensuring maximum quality of life to the students, faculty, and administration of the school, as well as an element of the University's 2020 Vision Plan. By assuming the task of maintaining and operating the fleet for Virginia State University, our company is aiding the University in focusing on its core mission of educating a diverse student body.
We were awarded this subcontract to manage the transportation motor pool of VSU in November of 2009. The university’s fleet consists of more than 250 vehicles and pieces of equipment including golf carts, police cruisers, motor coaches and a significant number of small engine equipment.
David Jones – Shenandoah Fleet Maintenance & Management Operations Manager
- Significantly improving the quality and skill level offered by a previous provider
- Drastically reducing the backlog of vehicles requiring service from 70 to seven within the first month
- ASE certifying our entire staff within the first six months of this contract
- Saving the University a significant amount of money by bringing the maintenance contract for the bus fleet in-house
- Appreciably increasing the ability to diagnose and repair vehicles and equipment properly through an extensive hiring and training process